‘We don’t want our daughter’s death to be in vain’: Parents of schoolgirl, 14, who died after accidentally inhaling deodorant fumes call for clearer labelling on aerosol cans
Published: | Updated:
A mother and father want to warn people after their 14-year-old daughter died from a cardiac arrest after inhaling areosol deodorant.
Giorgia Green, 14, from Derby was found unresponsive in her bedroom on 11, May, 2022.
The parents set up a crowdfunder to help raise awareness about the dangers of aerosol products in the home.
They hope their Just Giving page will hit £4,000 as they campaign to raise awareness of the dangers of aerosol spray use.
Giorgia Green, 14, from Derby was found unresponsive in her bedroom on 11, May, 2022 she after died from a cardiac arrest after in haling areosol deodorant
Her parents Paul and Clare Green have become aware of other young people who accidentally died after inhaling the fumes and said their ‘greatest wish is that beloved Giorgia’s passing is not in vain’. The pair have set up a Just Giving fundraiser in hope to get £4,000 to raise awareness of the dangers of aerosol spray use
They pair said their ‘greatest wish is that beloved Giorgia’s passing is not in vain’.
The parents wrote: ‘Giorgia Almira Green (our 14yr old daughter) went to her room on 11th May 2022.
‘When mum went up to her as it was time for them to go out to Giorgia’s drumming lesson, Giorgia was non-responsive.
‘No illness, no sickness, no warning. A perfectly healthy fit child who has never been seriously ill.
‘Giorgia’s passing has come as a total shock and totally out of the blue.
‘We want to share that this happened because our daughter sprayed too much aerosol deodorant.
‘Due to her sensory-seeking behaviour she liked to spray her blanket and wrap herself in the blanket.
‘She liked the smell of the deodorant and it made her feel relaxed and calm.
‘Please help us spread the word that toxic/poisonous chemicals and gases in aerosol cans CAN KILL!!!
‘This type of death is not limited to children!!!!’
The parent added: ‘So many people have asked what we can do to help.
‘What we really want is to raise awareness about the dangers of aerosol products in the home.
‘This hopefully could prevent further tragedies happening again.
‘Now, our greatest wish is that beloved Giorgia’s passing is not in vain.’
You can donate to Paul and Clare’s fundraiser here.
Share or comment on this article:
#School #girl #died #accident #inhaling #deodorant #areosol #fumes
[ad_1] Darren Rodwell, housing spokesman for the Local Government Association (LGA), which represents councils, said: “Having a safe, secure, permanent...
[ad_1] Trains will be costing Brits a combined estimate of an additional £413million a year after the hike (Image: Getty)Rail...
[ad_1] Emergency services were called to A40 after a collision between a black MG ZS and a white Citroen Berlingo...
[ad_1] British soldiers are “on the ground” in Ukraine helping Kyiv’s forces fire long-range Storm Shadow missiles, according to a...
[ad_1] Adina CampbellCommunity affairs correspondent@adinacampbellThe £100m earmarked by the Church of England for a new investment fund to help repair...
[ad_1] Working as an English language teaching assistant in a high school in the Paris suburbs, a carafe of red...